MONDAY / BACK & LEGS – get the hard work done early.
- Deadlift - 3 light sets (13 reps) / 2 medium sets (10 reps) / 2 heavy sets with straps (6-8 reps)
- Barbell Rows - 4 sets of 10 with medium weight.
- Squats Supersetted with Widegrip Pull Ups - 4 sets of each / medium weight with the squats but very deep reps and (8-10)reps - 4 sets of the pull ups / 15 reps each / work up to it and do lat pull downs if you can't get it at first
- Leg Extensions Supersetted with Hyperextensions - 4 sets / 12-15 reps of each
- Seated Calf Raises - 4 sets of 20 / medium weight, really feel your calves pump up
TUESDAY/ CARDIO – 1 episode of arrested development (or similar short comedy) on the stairmaster / usually about
- 23 minutes - I do this early AM with a hypershred or 2
WEDNESDAY / CHEST & SHOULDERS
- Incline bench - 2 warm up sets of 15 / 2 medium sets of 10 / 2 heavy sets of 6-8
- Machine bench press - 4 sets of 10
- Decline bench - 4 sets of 10
- Chest machine flys supersetted with rear delt flys on same machine - 4 sets of 10
- Standing shoulder press - 4 sets of 10
- Lateral shoulder raises - 4 sets of 10
- Dips - 4 sets x 25 reps (work up to it / sometimes I do weighted dips, sometimes just body weight)
- Dumbbell curls - 5x10 reps
- Dumbbell hammer curls - 5x10 reps
- Straight bar curls - 3x8 reps heavy
- Tricep robe pull downs - 4x10 reps
- Close grip bench - 4x10 reps
- Dumbbell seated overhead tricep extension - 4x10 reps
- Pull Ups after each exercise group for total of 60 pullups
- Some fun cardio whether its biking or skateboarding or a pickup game of rugby / something active.
- 3 eggs with jalepenos and onions and seasoned ground turkey
- 2 slices of cinnamon raisin ezekiel bread
- chicken cheesesteak wrap
- prepared in house so I know its legit: diced chicken breats / onions sautéed in light olive oil / 1 slice low sodium low fat swiss / spinach on a low carb wrap
- preworkout-N.O. Xplode
- Shake after workout –Syntha-6
- ½ lb ground bison with baby portabella mushrooms
- grilled salmon and asparagus
Joe Montgomery Blog: 12 Weeks Strong and ISOBURN?
What up bsnarmy? Hope everyone is feeling as great as I am. My mood is definitely a slave to the weather and these taste-of-spring days have got me buzzin. With warmer weather in the forecast I am gla...
Read Full Article